Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Cary
A few factors can contribute to foundation issues. These are the most widespread ones for Cary residents:
- Standing water: Water accumulation around your home can be menacing to your foundation's integrity, especially when it collects in areas your drainage system doesn't cover.
- Aging plumbing: While many Cary homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start eroding, leakage could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Soil composition: Soil with large clay or sand concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall Cary receives, the soil soaks up moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction puts pressure on nearby foundations, even if the foundations keep dry.
- Improper modifications: Roofing or landscaping work that wasn't performed properly could result in your foundation settling.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can intrude into a home's foundation through crevices, and may exert pressure that results in your foundation cracking, pipes rupturing, and overall structural weakening.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
When choosing a foundation company, you should consider your personal priorities. Ask each provider on your list about the following qualities.
Licensing and Experience
According to the North Carolina Licensing Board for General Contractors, foundation repair and concrete companies in the state must have either a Building Contractor license, a Residential Contractor license, or both. Talk to team members to gain more insight into a company's experience. You should ask about local permit ordinances, building codes and inspection processes.
One of the easiest ways to evaluate a company's reputation is to explore its website. Look for the company's years in business and the accreditations its team holds. Many prominent companies provide educational content for prospective customers.
Before signing a contract with a company, examine its online profile with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). You can examine both complaints and positive reviews. Remember that complaints don't necessarily mean a contractor is unqualified. The BBB shows how companies resolve complaints. A proactive team that works toward positive outcomes is a good one. Don't work with a company if you don't see effective communication about problems.
Foundation Repair Cost in Cary
The cost of foundation repair can differ significantly depending on the scale of the issues and what needs to be done to fix them. For minor foundation fractures and settling issues, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is more significant damage, the average cost will likely fall around $2,800. More complex jobs involving digging, helical piers, or concrete leveling could cost $6,800 or more. This table shows the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Cary
How much does foundation repair cost in Cary?
Can a foundation always be fixed?
Are there any warranties or guarantees provided with Cary foundation repair services?
Will foundation repair disrupt my daily routine while the work's being done?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.