Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard companies often have a full range of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repair, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. Some national gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services with their products. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Some gutter guard providers offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer seamless systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which brand you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, hangers, downspouts, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home is multi-story.
Temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to leaky, less effective gutters. Ask each installer about its repair policies and packages. Some contractors won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Most Webster residents dread gutter cleaning, but it's still critical to do it at least twice a year. When small particles, leaves, pine needles, or shingle grit accumulate, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a mildly sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard companies have different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, commonly 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to a complete seamless gutter system, evaluate your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors quote a package deal for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different service offerings and expertise levels. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company experienced with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: The effects of summer downpours, coupled with wintertime freezing, can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Many top providers offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: Companies must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. New York or Webster might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Call your local government to learn more about specific requirements and ensure a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer feedback to see how other homeowners rated their service. Platforms such as Yelp, Google Reviews, social media, the Better Business Bureau, and Trustpilot can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $391 to $3,448 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your foundation, fascia, and roof from water damage. Variables such as gutter length and width, accessibility, home size, and time of year will determine the total project cost.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Webster. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding cost per foot.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Webster
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop any size of debris?
What are some problems I can run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.