Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer a number of services to keep your furnace working effectively and efficiently. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs help extend your furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, in addition to restoring furnace function. Furnace repair professionals can diagnose and repair any issues with your furnace, including a malfunctioning thermostat, clogged air filter, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems such as malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, or possible gas leaks. Furnace repair professionals can also provide routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include jobs such as inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and making sure all components work properly.
HVAC companies can also help you install a new furnace. You may need a new system if yours is at the end of its life or if you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient option such as a heat pump. Your technician will first assess your heating needs and home’s layout before recommending the right furnace model for your requirements and budget. HVAC technicians follow industry standards and safety protocols to ensure safe furnace replacement and connection. They will also integrate your new system with your existing air ducts and thermostats. After installation, the company performs a final inspection to confirm that the furnace runs optimally.
You probably need an inspection if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. During this inspection, a technician will examine each part of the furnace to look for potential problems. Inspections normally include cleaning and replacing air filters, testing the thermostat's accuracy, inspecting the burner and ignition system, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, and checking for any gas or fuel leaks. Annual inspections of this kind facilitate optimal heating system performance, help avoid possible breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters. A technician will verify your system's safety and efficiency and make the necessary repairs.
Emergency furnace repair services are there to help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or other safety concerns. Many companies offer these around-the-clock services to get your system up and running promptly. Emergency services might cost more than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it. If your furnace fails during extreme weather conditions, and you can't open windows for fresh air, it can cause serious discomfort and health risks due to decreased indoor air quality.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Troy Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for choosing a local Troy furnace repair service. We review some key factors below.
- Cost: We recommend comparing multiple Troy furnace repair companies to find the best service offerings and prices. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but beware companies with extremely low rates. These providers often make up the difference with low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Reputable furnace repair companies should provide warranties or guarantees on their parts and workmanship. Companies that back their work this way offer you peace of mind should something go wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: Verify that the furnace repair company holds the required local and state licenses and certifications. Proper licensing ensures technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. In New York, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government.
- Qualifications: Inquire about a company's training policies as well as its technicians' experience. Companies that offer ongoing training tend to have technicians that are up to date on the latest repair techniques. You want a company that employs well-trained technicians with experience working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: Read online testimonials and reviews to learn more about a provider's reputation. Generally positive feedback is indicative of quality services. You can also learn about a company's commitment to customer satisfaction by seeing how it addresses complaints and other negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
A number of factors affect the cost of furnace repair. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and cost of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs $431 on average, although the prices can vary depending on your situation. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $80–$399
- Cleaning: $48–$64
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,595–$2,791
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$120
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$88
- Filter change: $32–$120
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Troy
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.