Common Types of Air Conditioners
There are a few different types of air conditioners on the Tonawanda market. While HVAC technicians can work with most types, knowing which one you have will simplify your company search.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one indoors and one outdoors. They provide peaceful operation, enhanced efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name implies, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're a common choice for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Tonawanda apartments, condos, and townhomes. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling small spaces and single rooms, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users deploy their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an outdoor unit and multiple interior units, with no ductwork required. They offer higher energy efficiency, flexible installation options, and individual room temperature control.
- Central AC: These are the most common residential AC systems, offering consistent, precise temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to different rooms in your home.
How to Choose Your Tonawanda AC Repair Service
While you might want to resolve your AC issue quickly, you should carefully investigate what's out there before hiring a repair service. Take the following steps to ensure you find the best company for your home.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
The New York state government doesn't require HVAC companies to get a state license. However, it's common for local governments to require licenses. You should ask your city offices about what's required where you live.
Many states and cities also require companies to carry liability insurance. Even if your community doesn't require it, we still recommend choosing an insured company. This will protect you if an accident happens or something gets damaged.
Read Customer Reviews
Check customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB recognizes businesses that respond to complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair companies to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a business if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
We recommend getting contacting at least three different companies to find the best value. Get a written copy of each quote, and learn more about permitting fees, installer guarantees, emergency repair availability and manufacturer warranties.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Tonawanda
How much can I expect to pay for AC repair in Tonawanda?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
When is the best time to replace an AC unit?
Why is my AC running but not cooling?
How many years until I should replace my AC unit?
What industry certifications should I look for when researching Tonawanda AC repair companies?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.