Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above companies offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services with their products. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over time, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different companies, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutter systems besides their own products.
Cleanings at least twice a year are vital to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as grit from shingles, small particles, leaves, and pine needles, can accumulate and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to climb a ladder yourself.
Gutter guard providers offer different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, usually 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get a whole gutter system with guards installed, screen different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses quote an all-inclusive price for full gutter installation. Others charge separately for work such as fascia board replacement, gutter cleaning, and gutter guard installation. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies provide different services and have varying expertise. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: Summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system over time. Many top providers offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a warranty that thoroughly covers your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing:Gutter guard providers might have to hold licenses and permits according to New York and The Bronx regulations. They should also have workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Reach out to your local government to learn more about what's required, and verify a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Yelp, social media, Trustpilot, Google Reviews, and Better Business Bureau are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $316 and $3,068 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your roof, foundation, and fascia, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter time of year, length and width, accessibility, and home size determine pricing for the project.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in The Bronx.
|Material||Cost per foot|
|Stainless steel micro-mesh||$4|