Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
You can employ a local furnace repair provider for a number of services that help your furnace run efficiently. We outline some common offerings below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs not only restore your furnace's function, they also extend its lifespan and optimize energy efficiency. Your furnace repair provider can handle a number of issues, such as broken blower motors, clogged air filters, and malfunctioning thermostats. Qualified HVAC technicians are also experienced in tackling problems such as faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, possible gas leaks, and malfunctioning thermostats. Furnace repair professionals can also handle routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and making sure all components work properly.
Your local HVAC expert can help upgrade your furnace to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. If your system is beyond repair, they can also help install an entire new furnace. Your technician will start by assessing your home's layout and heating needs. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for your requirements and budget. HVAC technicians follow safety protocols and standards set by the industry to ensure safe furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate a new system with existing thermostats and air ducts. Following installation, the company will complete one last inspection to confirm that the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
You likely need an inspection if you discover that your furnace isn’t turning on. During this inspection, a technician will examine every part of the furnace to look for possible issues. Inspections typically include inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, testing the thermostat's accuracy, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. A technician will check the heating system's efficiency and safety and make any necessary adjustments or repairs. Yearly furnace tune-ups encourage optimal performance and help prevent potential breakdowns, which promotes a safe living environment during chilly winters.
Some furnace repair companies offer emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during the colder months, emergency services can have it up and running as soon as possible. When a furnace fails in extreme weather conditions, and it's not possible to open windows for fresh air, it can pose discomfort and serious health risks due to decreased indoor air quality. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but it’s worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Queens Furnace Repair Service
There are multiple factors to consider when selecting a local Queens furnace repair service. We go over some important considerations below.
- Cost: Compare multiple Queens furnace repair providers to find the best prices and service offerings. Look for competitive, transparent pricing, but stay away from companies that offer extremely low rates. These providers may make up the difference with subpar replacement parts or low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Reliable furnace repair companies should offer guarantees or warranties on their parts and workmanship. Providers that stand behind their work offer you peace of mind should something go wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: Verify that your furnace repair company holds the licenses and certifications required by local and state authorities. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely. In New York, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government.
- Qualifications: Ask about the qualifications and experience of a furnace repair company. You want technicians that are well-trained and experienced at working with various furnace makes and models. Inquire about a company's training programs to confirm that technicians are up to date on current industry standards.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer testimonials and other online reviews often paint a picture of a company's reputation and focus on customer satisfaction. Choose a company with overall positive reviews, and pay attention to the way it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. The final total may vary, but on average expect to spend around $485 on furnace repair. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $86–$431
- Cleaning: $52–$69
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,723–$3,015
- Damaged blower bearings: $26–$129
- Damaged blower belt: $26–$95
- Filter change: $34–$129
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Queens
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.