Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard companies often have a full range of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature easy DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter include installation services. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. While gutter guard providers will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one story.
Standing water, debris, and rapid temperature changes can make gutters less effective. Ask each company about different repair plans and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most Oyster Bay residents don't look forward to gutter cleaning, but it's still vital to do it at least twice a year. When leaves, small particles, pine needles, or shingle grit build up, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a mildly sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard companies have different warranties covering labor, materials, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, typically 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will quote package deals for comprehensive gutter installation, while others bill separately for gutter cleaning, fascia board replacement, and gutter guard installation.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different offerings and expertise levels. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company that has expertise with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system over time. Numerous companies offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a competitive warranty plan your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing:Gutter guard providers might have to hold business licensing according to New York and Oyster Bay regulations. They should also carry workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Contact your local government to learn more about what's required, and confirm a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to evaluate a home services company is to read customer reviews. Look at the company's profile on Better Business Bureau, Yelp, Google Reviews, social media, and Trustpilot to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative ratings, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $408 to $3,535 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your roof, foundation, and fascia from water damage. Variables such as gutter time of year, home size, length and width, and accessibility will determine the total project cost.
The table lists the typical per-foot cost for the most widely used gutter guard types in Oyster Bay.
|Material||Cost per foot|
|Stainless steel micro-mesh||$5|