Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard companies often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature straightforward DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter offer installation services. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard professionals offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with one-piece products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, downspouts, hangers, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over the seasons, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different installers, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutter systems besides their own products.
Most homeowners dislike gutter cleaning, but it's critical to do it regularly. Debris, such as shingle grit, pine needles, and leaves, can build up and cause more severe issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer regular cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard providers have different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, typically 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will charge a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others bill independently for gutter guard installation, maintenance services, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying expertise. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides listed on their website.
- Guarantees: Over time, summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Many top providers have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a solid warranty plan.
- Licensing: Installers must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. New York or Islip might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Call your local government to learn more about specific requirements and confirm a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for evaluating any home services company. Sites such as Trustpilot, Google Reviews, social media, the Better Business Bureau, and Yelp provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $377 and $3,378. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your roof, fascia, and foundation. Factors such as gutter home size, length and width, accessibility, and time of year impact the final quoted price.
You can find the average cost per foot for different gutter guard types in the table below.
|Material||Cost per foot|
|Stainless steel micro-mesh||$5|