Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair provider will offer various services to keep your furnace running efficiently. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Professional and timely repairs will restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Your furnace repair provider can handle a number of issues, including broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, and clogged air filters. Qualified HVAC technicians also have the expertise to tackle problems like possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, malfunctioning thermostats, and damaged heat exchangers. Furnace repair professionals can also handle routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include jobs such as inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and generally ensuring that all components work correctly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if your furnace is beyond repair, or if you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. First, skilled technicians assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, they recommend a suitable furnace model based on your budget and home requirements. HVAC technicians follow safety protocols and standards set by the industry to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. They also integrate your new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. After installation, the company does one last inspection to confirm that the furnace runs optimally.
We recommend scheduling an inspection by a furnace repair provider if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will inspect every component of your furnace to identify potential issues. Inspections usually include checking for any gas or fuel leaks, inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. A technician will check the heating system's efficiency and safety and make any needed repairs or adjustments. Annual furnace inspections and tune-ups help ensure optimal performance and help prevent breakdowns, promoting a safe living environment during chilly winters.
Emergency furnace repair services help restore your heat if your furnace breaks down on a cold winter night. Many companies offer 24/7 services to help get your furnace up and running as soon as possible. These services help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns. Emergency services may cost more than scheduled service, but protecting your health is worth it. If your furnace fails during extreme weather, and it's not possible to open windows for fresh air, it can cause serious discomfort and health risks from decreased indoor air quality.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Huntington Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for selecting a local Huntington furnace repair provider. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: We recommend comparing multiple Huntington furnace repair companies to find the best service offerings and prices. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but stay away from companies that quote extremely low rates. These providers often make up the difference with subpar replacement parts or low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Guarantees and warranties provide peace of mind if issues arise post-repair. Reputable furnace repair companies should stand behind their work with warranties or guarantees for both their workmanship and any replacement parts.
- Licensing: In New York, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government. It's important to hire a furnace repair provider that is properly licensed and certified to ensure that your technician is qualified to handle furnace repairs effectively and safely.
- Qualifications: Learn about the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. Ideally, you want technicians that are trained and experienced in working on various furnace makes and models. Inquire about company training programs to confirm that technicians are up to date on current industry standards.
- Reputation and reviews: You can learn about a company's reputation by looking at online reviews and testimonials from previous customers. A strong positive reputation is a likely indicator of quality services. Pay attention to how the company addresses negative feedback or complaints, reflecting its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors including the type of HVAC unit, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. The final total may vary, but expect to spend an average of $452 on furnace repair. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $82–$411
- Cleaning: $49–$66
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,646–$2,880
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$123
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$91
- Filter change: $33–$123
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Huntington
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.