Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above providers offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include cleaning and repairs, covered by a comprehensive service agreement.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards demand professional installation, others have easy DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services as part of their packages. If you're installing new gutters, consider stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Some gutter guard installers offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer "one-piece" systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which company you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, downspouts, end caps, and other components in one package. Companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Standing water, debris, and rapid temperature changes can make gutters less effective. Ask each provider about different repair packages and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most homeowners dread gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it at least two times a year. Debris, such as leaves, pine needles, and shingle grit, can build up and cause more serious issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard companies typically include warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from provider to provider, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to an entire seamless gutter system, assess your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses give a package rate for full gutter installation. Others charge separately for work such as fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies provide different services and have varying skill levels. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides listed on their website.
- Guarantees: The effects of summer downpours, coupled with wintertime freezing, can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Numerous high-quality companies offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: Companies must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. New York or Hicksville might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Call your local government to learn more about specific requirements and ensure a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to evaluate a home services company is to read customer comments. Look at the company's profile on social media, Trustpilot, Better Business Bureau, Yelp, and Google Reviews to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative feedback, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $408 and $3,535 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your fascia, foundation, and roof, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter time of year, accessibility, home size, and length and width determine pricing for the project.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Hicksville. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding per-foot rate.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Hicksville
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I can encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.