Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above companies provide a complete range of services. Extras such as cleaning and repairs are often included in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services with their products. If you're installing new gutters, consider stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. While gutter guard providers will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one floor.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over time, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different contractors, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutter systems besides their own products.
Cleanings at least twice a year are a must to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as grit from shingles, pine needles, leaves, and small particles, can collect and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard companies typically include warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to a complete seamless gutter system, evaluate your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses quote an all-inclusive price for full gutter installation. Others invoice separately for work such as gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying expertise. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides listed on their website.
- Guarantees: Summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system over time. Numerous companies offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a warranty that thoroughly covers your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to secure licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, contact your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, verify a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also confirm a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to evaluate a home services company is to read customer comments. Look at the company's profile on social media, Better Business Bureau, Trustpilot, Yelp, and Google Reviews to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative reviews, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $367 to $3,326. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your foundation, roof, and fascia will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter length and width, time of year, accessibility, and home size impact the total pricing.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Brooklyn. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding per-foot rate.
|Material||Cost per foot|
|Stainless steel micro-mesh||$5|
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Brooklyn
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.