Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
You can hire a local furnace repair professional for a number of services that help your furnace run efficiently. We outline some common offerings below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs help extend your furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, on top of restoring furnace function. Your furnace repair provider can handle a number of issues, such as broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, and clogged air filters. Qualified HVAC technicians also have the expertise to tackle problems such as faulty ignitions, possible gas leaks, damaged heat exchangers, and malfunctioning thermostats. Furnace experts can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and making sure all components function properly.
Your local HVAC expert can help you upgrade your furnace to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. If your system is beyond repair, they can also help install a new furnace. Your technician will start by assessing your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for your requirements and budget. Your HVAC expert can integrate your new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts, and they should follow industry standards and safety protocol for proper furnace replacement and connection. Post-installation, your technician will complete a final inspection to ensure your furnace runs efficiently.
You should schedule an inspection by a furnace repair provider if you notice your furnace failing to turn on. During the inspection, a technician will look at every component of your furnace to identify possible issues. Inspections usually include checking for any gas or fuel leaks, cleaning and replacing air filters, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and inspecting the burner and ignition system. We recommend an annual inspection, during which your technician will verify your heating system's safety and efficiency and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular tune-ups help avoid potential breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote safe living during chilly winters.
Some furnace repair companies offer emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during the colder months, emergency services can have it up and running as soon as possible. When a furnace fails in extreme weather conditions, and you're unable to open windows for fresh air, it can lead to serious discomfort and health risks due to decreased indoor air quality. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Brooklyn Furnace Repair Service
You have a number of factors to consider when choosing a local Brooklyn furnace repair provider. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: Look for a company that provides all the services you need, and that offers transparent and competitive pricing. Compare several Brooklyn furnace repair providers. Beware of ones with extremely low rates, as they may use subpar replacement parts and low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Look into the guarantees or warranties provided by the furnace repair service. A trustworthy company should back its work with guarantees on parts and repair work. This provides peace of mind knowing you can depend on your service provider if problems arise after repairs.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair provider holds all the required licenses and certifications. In New York, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government. Proper licensing helps ensure that technicians are qualified to safely handle furnace repairs.
- Qualifications: Check a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Ideally, technicians should be well-trained and have expertise in various furnace makes and models. Ask about ongoing training programs to ensure a company keeps up with the latest repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Online reviews and customer testimonials often paint a picture of a provider's reputation and focus on customer satisfaction. Look for overall positive reviews and experiences, and pay attention to the way it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair varies depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit you have, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. The final total may vary, but on average expect to spend around $428 on furnace repair. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $79–$397
- Cleaning: $48–$63
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,587–$2,778
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$119
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$87
- Filter change: $32–$119
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Brooklyn
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.