Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer a number of services to help your furnace work at maximum efficiency. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore furnace function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair professionals are trained to deal with broken blower motors, clogged air filters, malfunctioning thermostats, and more. Your technician can diagnose and repair problems like these to keep your furnace running efficiently. A qualified HVAC technician can also assist with issues such as possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, or malfunctioning thermostats. Furnace experts can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and making sure all components function properly.
Your local HVAC expert can help you upgrade your furnace to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. If your system is past repair, they can also help install an entire new furnace. Your technician will start by assessing your home's layout and heating needs. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for your requirements and budget. Your HVAC installer can integrate your new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts. They're trained on industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. Post-installation, the technician will perform a final inspection to make sure your furnace runs efficiently.
Schedule an inspection by a furnace repair provider if you notice your furnace failing to turn on. During the inspection, a technician will look at every component of your furnace to identify possible problems. Inspections normally include inspecting the burner and ignition system, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, testing the thermostat's accuracy, cleaning and replacing air filters, and checking for any gas or fuel leaks. We recommend an annual inspection, during which your technician will verify your heating system's safety and efficiency and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular inspections and tune-ups help avoid breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote a safe living environment during chilly winters.
Some furnace repair companies offer emergency services. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during the colder months, emergency services can get it up and running as soon as possible. When your furnace fails in extreme weather conditions, and it's not possible to open windows for fresh air, it can pose serious discomfort and health risks from decreased indoor air quality. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but it’s worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Brookhaven Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for hiring a local Brookhaven furnace repair provider. We review some key factors below.
- Cost: Compare prices among several Brookhaven furnace repair providers. Choose one with transparent and competitive pricing and a wide scope of services. Avoid extremely low-cost options, which might compromise workmanship quality or involve subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Trustworthy furnace repair companies should offer warranties or guarantees on their workmanship and parts. Companies that back their work this way offer you peace of mind should something go wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: Confirm that your furnace repair company possesses all necessary licenses and certifications. This ensures that its technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. In New York, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government.
- Qualifications: Check into the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. You want technicians that are trained and experienced in working with various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training programs to verify that technicians are educated on the latest industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer testimonials and other online reviews often paint a picture of a company's reputation and focus on customer satisfaction. Choose a company with overall positive reviews and experiences, and pay attention to the way it addresses complaints and negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair is based on several factors, such as the extent of the damage, the HVAC unit type, and the cost of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs an average of $452, but your total price depends on the situation. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $82–$411
- Cleaning: $49–$66
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,646–$2,880
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$123
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$91
- Filter change: $33–$123
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Brookhaven
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.