Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard providers offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also clean and fix other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. A few nationwide gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services with their products. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Some gutter guard providers offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer "one-piece" systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which provider you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it so your system can work to its full potential.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over the seasons, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different installers, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutter systems besides their own products.
Most homeowners aren't fond of gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it at least twice a year. Debris, such as shingle grit, leaves, and pine needles, can build up and cause more nagging issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard providers offer different warranties covering labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, usually 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or need a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors give a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others bill individually for fascia board replacement, gutter cleaning, and gutter guard installation.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different experience level. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that matches what services you need.
- Guarantees: Heavy rains in summer and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. A number of top providers provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for a comprehensive warranty for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Installers must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. New York or Brighton might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and confirm a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Yelp, Google Reviews, Trustpilot, social media, and Better Business Bureau are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $426 and $3,625 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your fascia, foundation, and roof, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter accessibility, home size, time of year, and length and width determine pricing for the project.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Brighton. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the per-foot cost by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Brighton
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.