Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard providers often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repair, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services with their products. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, hangers, downspouts, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to damaged, less effective gutters. Ask each company about its repair packages and policies. Some providers won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Most homeowners aren't fond of gutter cleaning, but it's critical to do it at least two times a year. Debris, such as shingle grit, pine needles, and leaves, can build up and cause more severe issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard providers typically offer warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to an entire seamless gutter system, evaluate your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors offer a comprehensive price for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies provide different services and have varying skill levels. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: The effects of summer downpours, coupled with wintertime freezing, can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Numerous high-quality companies offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to secure licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, get in touch with your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, check a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also verify a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to assess a home services company is to read customer feedback. Look at the company's profile on Yelp, Better Business Bureau, Google Reviews, social media, and Trustpilot to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative feedback, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $382 to $3,403. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your roof, foundation, and fascia will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter accessibility, time of year, length and width, and home size impact the total pricing.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Amherst. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding per-foot rate.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Amherst
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.