Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer a number of services to ensure your furnace works efficiently and effectively. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs help extend your furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, on top of restoring function. Furnace repair providers can diagnose and repair a number of common furnace issues. These include malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, or broken blower motors. Qualified HVAC technicians can also handle problems such as faulty ignitions, malfunctioning thermostats, damaged heat exchangers, and possible gas leaks. Furnace repair technicians can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This may involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and ensuring all components function properly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace. You might want a new system if yours is beyond repair or if you're looking for a more energy-efficient option such as a heat pump. Your technician first assesses your heating needs and home’s layout before recommending a furnace model for your requirements and budget. HVAC technicians follow industry standards and safety protocols to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. They also integrate a new system with your existing air ducts and thermostats. Following installation, the company performs a final inspection to ensure the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
Schedule an inspection with a furnace repair company if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. During the inspection, a technician will look at every component of your furnace to identify possible problems. The inspection normally includes testing the thermostat's accuracy, cleaning and replacing air filters, inspecting the burner and ignition system, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. Yearly inspections like this encourage optimal heating system performance, help prevent breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters. A technician will verify your system's safety and efficiency while making the necessary repairs.
Some furnace repair providers offer emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down in the middle of winter, emergency services can get it up and running again as soon as possible. Furnace failure can cause discomfort and serious health risks due to decreased indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown occurs during extreme weather and you're unable to open windows for fresh air. Emergency services might be more expensive than a scheduled service, but it's worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Santa Fe Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations to keep in mind when choosing a local Santa Fe furnace repair provider. We go over some important factors below.
- Cost: Look for a company that provides all the services you need, and that offers transparent and competitive pricing. Compare multiple Santa Fe furnace repair companies. Beware of ones with extremely low rates, as they may employ low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair company about any guarantees or warranties it offers. Reliable service providers offer these guarantees to protect customers if any problems come up post-repair. Guarantees can cover both workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair provider holds all the required licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in New Mexico must obtain . Proper licensing helps ensure that technicians are qualified and trained to safely handle furnace repairs.
- Qualifications: Ask about the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. Ideally, you want technicians that are well-trained and experienced at working on various furnace makes and models. Ask about company training programs to verify that technicians are up to date on current industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: You can learn about a company's reputation by reading online reviews and testimonials. A strong positive reputation is a good indicator of high-quality services. Pay attention to how a company addresses complaints or negative feedback, reflecting its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit you have, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. Your final price may vary, but on average expect to spend around $389 on furnace repair. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $75–$374
- Cleaning: $45–$60
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,494–$2,615
- Damaged blower bearings: $22–$112
- Damaged blower belt: $22–$82
- Filter change: $30–$112
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Santa Fe
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.