Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Las Cruces
A few frequent reasons why Las Cruces homeowners experience foundation issues include:
- Aging plumbing: While many Las Cruces homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start eroding, leakage could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Drought conditions: Las Cruces is vulnerable to drought. The absence of rainfall and changing humidity levels each season result to ever-shifting soil. The resulting soil settlement can shift and break your foundation.
- Improper modifications: Roofing or landscaping work that wasn't done to standard could result in your foundation settling.
- Standing water: Water accumulation around your home can threaten your foundation, especially when it gathers in areas your gutters don't protect.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can intrude into a home's foundation through cracks, and may exert pressure that results in your foundation fracturing, pipes rupturing, and overall structural deterioration.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
To pick a foundation repair business, you should determine what's most important to you. Use this guide to help you go through the process.
Licensing and Experience
New Mexico foundation repair companies must obtain a license from the Construction Industries Division of the New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department. Usually, the government will assign them a residential or general building classification. However, a company might hold additional classifications if it performs a broad range of work. To further understand your contractor's experience, we recommend asking questions about what local codes apply to your project, how the company inspects foundations, and how its team will draft plans and pull permits.
Another way to determine a company's reputation is to examine its website. There, you can learn how long it's been in business and its trade qualifications. It might also share insights and knowledge through blog posts, podcasts, or videos.
We suggest reviewing the company's Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile to determine whether it's accredited and has a positive customer review score. You can see whether other homeowners have expressed satisfaction or filed complaints. Pay special attention to what customers say about company warranties. Remember that complaints don't necessarily mean a contractor is incompetent. BBB reviews also show how companies handle complaints. A responsive team that aims to achieve positive outcomes is a good one. Avoid a company if you don't see good communication about problems.
Foundation Repair Cost in Las Cruces
The price of foundation repair can differ quite significantly depending on the severity of the issues and what must be fixed. For minor foundation fissures and settling issues, you may pay as little as $1,700. However, if there is significant damage, the average cost lands at about $1,800. More complex projects requiring excavating, helical piers, or major mudjacking could cost $6,500+. See below the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Las Cruces
How much does foundation repair cost in Las Cruces?
What's the most popular foundation type in Las Cruces?
What's the time to complete a typical foundation repair job?
Will my homeowners insurance cover foundation repair?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.