Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard companies offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also clean and fix other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
Most gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature straightforward DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter provide installation services. Stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, downspouts, end caps, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Standing water, debris, and rapid temperature changes can damage gutters. Ask each company about different repair packages and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they mounted themselves.
Most homeowners dread gutter cleaning, but it's critical to do it at least twice a year. Debris, such as leaves, shingle grit, and pine needles, can build up and cause more serious issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard companies have different warranties covering labor, materials, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, usually 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with a seamless system, it's crucial to vet each company on your shortlist. Look over the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will give flat fees for comprehensive gutter installation, while others bill separately for gutter cleaning, gutter guard installation, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different levels of expertise based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what expertise you need.
- Guarantees: The effects of summer downpours, coupled with wintertime freezing, can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Numerous high-quality companies offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in New Jersey may have to maintain workers comp coverage, liability insurance, and business licenses according to local regulations. Reach out to the Union government to learn specifics, and verify that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to evaluate a home services company is to read customer feedback. Look at the company's profile on Better Business Bureau, social media, Trustpilot, Google Reviews, and Yelp to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative ratings, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $351 and $3,246. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your fascia, foundation, and roof. Factors such as gutter home size, length and width, accessibility, and time of year impact the final quoted price.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Union. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding per-foot rate.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Union
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block any size of debris?
What are some issues I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.