Common Types of Air Conditioners
By understanding which type of air conditioner you have, you'll feel more empowered in your provider search. Teaneck HVAC technicians have experience with different AC makes and models, and they can tailor their skills to your needs.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an exterior unit and multiple interior units, with no ductwork required. They offer higher energy efficiency, individual room temperature control, and flexible installation options.
- Central AC: These are the most common residential AC systems, offering consistent, precise temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to various rooms in your home.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one indoors and one outdoors. They provide silent operation, improved energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Window-mounted ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Teaneck apartments, townhomes, and condos. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling single rooms and small spaces, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users set up their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name hints, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're a common choice for apartments, condos, or individual rooms.
How to Choose Your Teaneck AC Repair Service
While you might want to resolve your AC issue quickly, you should do your research before signing a contract with a repair service. Take the following steps to ensure you find the right company for your home.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
AC repair companies in the Garden State need licensure from the New Jersey State Board of Examiners of Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) Contractors. Master licenses have experience requirements, which a business owner can fulfill through apprenticeships, a university degree, or a trade school diploma.
You should also verify a company has sufficient liability coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if something gets damaged during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Check customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB accredits contractors that resolve complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair providers to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a business if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
We suggest getting at least three different estimates to find the best pricing and offerings. Get a written copy of each quote, and learn more about manufacturer warranties, permitting fees, emergency repair availability and installer guarantees.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Teaneck
How much can I expect to pay for AC repair in Teaneck?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
What are some signs that I should call an HVAC repair company?
Is hiring an HVAC company better than doing the repair on my own?
Should my HVAC company have a private accreditation?
My HVAC problem is urgent. How quickly could a company respond?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.