Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard providers offer a complete suite of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and make repairs to other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards demand professional installation, others have straightforward DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services as part of their packages. Stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home is multi-story.
Standing water, debris, and rapid temperature changes can make gutters less effective. Ask each company about different repair packages and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they mounted themselves.
Most Paterson residents dread gutter cleaning, but it's still critical to do it at least twice a year. When pine needles, shingle grit, leaves, or small particles build up, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a gently sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard companies typically include warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want an entire gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses provide a bundled quote for full gutter installation. Others invoice separately for work such as gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying expertise. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides listed on their website.
- Guarantees: Over time, the combination of summer rainstorms and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a solid warranty plan.
- Licensing: Installers must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. New Jersey or Paterson might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Call your local government to learn more about specific requirements and ensure a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to evaluate a home services company is to read customer feedback. Look at the company's profile on Better Business Bureau, social media, Yelp, Trustpilot, and Google Reviews to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative reviews, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $377 and $3,377 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your foundation, fascia, and roof, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter time of year, accessibility, length and width, and home size determine pricing for the project.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Paterson. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding cost per foot.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Paterson
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block any size of debris?
What are some issues I can run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.