Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above providers provide a complete range of services. Extras such as gutter cleaning and repairs are often included in a comprehensive maintenance plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards demand professional installation, others have straightforward DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services as part of their packages. Stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Some gutter guard companies offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer seamless systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which brand you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, downspouts, end caps, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and best results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to damaged, less effective gutters. Ask each installer about its repair options and policies. Some providers won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Most North Bergen residents dread gutter cleaning, but it's still critical to do it at least twice a year. When shingle grit, small particles, pine needles, or leaves build up, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a mildly sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard providers typically provide warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get a whole gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will offer single rates for comprehensive gutter installation, while others charge individually for gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different expertise levels based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what expertise you need.
- Guarantees: Over time, summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Many top providers have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a competitive warranty.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to secure licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, get in touch with your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, check a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also verify a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer feedback to see how other homeowners rated their experience. Platforms such as Yelp, Trustpilot, Google Reviews, social media, and the Better Business Bureau can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $416 to $3,577. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your fascia, roof, and foundation will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter length and width, home size, accessibility, and time of year impact the total pricing.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in North Bergen. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in North Bergen
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.