Common Types of Air Conditioners
By understanding which type of air conditioner you have, you'll feel more empowered in your company search. North Bergen HVAC contractors have experience with different AC makes and models, and they can tailor their skills to your needs.
- Central AC: These are the most common home air conditioners, offering precise, consistent temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools air from outside, purifies it, and sends it through ducts to different rooms in your home.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name suggests, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're a common choice for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
- Window-mounted ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for North Bergen apartments, condos, and townhomes. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling single rooms and small spaces, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users install their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one inside and one outside. They offer quiet operation, greater energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an exterior unit and one or more indoor units, with no ductwork required. They offer flexible installation options, individual room temperature control, and higher energy efficiency.
How to Choose Your North Bergen AC Repair Service
While you might want to resolve your AC issue quickly, you should carefully investigate what's out there before signing a contract with a repair service. Take the following steps to ensure you find the most suitable company for your home.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
AC repair companies in the Garden State need licensure from the New Jersey State Board of Examiners of Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) Contractors. Master licenses have experience requirements, which a business owner can fulfill through apprenticeships, a university degree, or a trade school diploma.
You should also verify a company has sufficient liability coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if something gets damaged during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Find customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB accredits contractors that resolve complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair companies to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a company if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
We suggest getting three or more estimates to find the best pricing and offerings. Get a written copy of each quote, and learn more about installer guarantees, permitting fees, manufacturer warranties and emergency repair availability.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in North Bergen
How much can I expect to pay for AC repair in North Bergen?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
What are some signs that I should call an HVAC repair company?
When is the best time to replace an AC unit?
Why is my AC running but not cooling?
How quickly can an HVAC company in North Bergen respond to emergency repair requests?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.