Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair company provides various services to keep your system working effectively. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair professionals can diagnose and repair any issues with your furnace, such as a malfunctioning thermostat, clogged air filter, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems such as malfunctioning thermostats, possible gas leaks, damaged heat exchangers, or faulty ignitions. Furnace repair experts can also provide routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include jobs such as inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and generally making sure all components work properly.
HVAC providers can help install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair. An expert can also help with upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for your requirements and budget. A professional HVAC technician can integrate your new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. They're trained to follow industry safety protocols and standards to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To be sure everything runs optimally, your technician will perform a final inspection following installation.
We recommend scheduling an inspection with a furnace repair company if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will inspect each of the furnace's components to identify potential causes. The inspection typically includes cleaning and replacing air filters, testing the thermostat's accuracy, inspecting the burner and ignition system, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. Your technician will check the heating system's safety and efficiency and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Annual furnace inspections and tune-ups help ensure optimal performance and help avoid breakdowns, promoting a safe living environment during chilly winters.
Emergency furnace repair services are there to help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or safety concerns. Many companies offer these around-the-clock services to help get your system up and running promptly. When your furnace fails during extreme weather, and you're unable to open windows for fresh air, it can pose serious discomfort and health risks from poor indoor air quality. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but it’s worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Newark Furnace Repair Service
You should consider a number of factors when choosing a local Newark furnace repair provider. We review some key considerations below.
- Cost: Compare pricing from several Newark furnace repair companies. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, considering the scope of services offered. Beware of extremely low-cost options, which might compromise workmanship quality or involve subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Trustworthy furnace repair companies should provide warranties or guarantees on their parts and workmanship. Companies that stand behind their work offer you peace of mind should something go wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: Verify that your furnace repair company possesses all necessary licenses and certifications. This ensures that the technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. HVAC contractors in New Jersey must obtain a contractor's license from the New Jersey State Board of Examiners of HVACR Contractors.
- Qualifications: Find out what qualifications and experience a furnace repair company has. Your provider should employ technicians that are well-trained and have experience working with various furnace makes and models. Inquire about a company's training policies to make sure they're up to date on industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Check online testimonials and reviews to get a sense of a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also be mindful of how it addresses negative feedback. This can tell you a great deal about a provider's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair is based on a number of factors, such as the extent of the damage, the HVAC unit type, and the cost of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs an average of $485, but the final price depends on the details. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $86–$431
- Cleaning: $52–$69
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,724–$3,018
- Damaged blower bearings: $26–$129
- Damaged blower belt: $26–$95
- Filter change: $34–$129
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Newark
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.