Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard providers often have a full range of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repair, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards need professional installation, others have easy DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services as part of their packages. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, end caps, downspouts, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and best results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Sudden temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to leaky, less effective gutters. Ask each company about its repair policies and packages. Some providers won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Cleanings at least twice a year are a must to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as pine needles, grit from shingles, small particles, and leaves, can accumulate and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard installers have different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, commonly 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get an entire gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will give flat fees for comprehensive gutter installation, while others bill separately for gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different experience level. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that aligns with what services you need.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Many top providers offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: Companies must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. New Jersey or Kearny might also require gutter companies to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and ensure a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Google Reviews, social media, Trustpilot, Better Business Bureau, and Yelp are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $416 to $3,577 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your roof, foundation, and fascia from water damage. Variables such as gutter time of year, home size, length and width, and accessibility will determine the total project cost.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Kearny. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your measurement.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Kearny
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I might encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.