Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard providers often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive service agreement.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards demand professional installation, others have easy DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services as part of their packages. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard professionals offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and best results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Standing water, debris, and rapid temperature changes can damage gutters. Ask each company about different repair packages and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they mounted themselves.
Most homeowners aren't fond of gutter cleaning, but it's critical to do it regularly. Debris, such as pine needles, shingle grit, and leaves, can build up and cause more severe issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard installers offer different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, usually 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to a complete seamless gutter system, evaluate your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors offer a comprehensive price for complete gutter installation. Others charge separately for gutter cleaning, fascia board replacement, and gutter guard installation.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies provide different services and have varying expertise. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides listed on their website.
- Guarantees: The combination of summer storms and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. Several highly rated companies provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for a comprehensive warranty for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in New Jersey may have to hold business licenses, liability insurance, and workers comp coverage according to local regulations. Reach out to the Jersey City government to learn specifics, and verify that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Better Business Bureau, social media, Yelp, Google Reviews, and Trustpilot are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $416 to $3,577 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your roof, foundation, and fascia from water damage. Variables such as gutter length and width, home size, time of year, and accessibility will determine the total project cost.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Jersey City. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Jersey City
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block any size of debris?
What are some issues I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.