Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Nashua
A few factors can lead to foundation issues. These are the most widespread ones for Nashua residents:
- Aging plumbing: The average Nashua home construction year is 1969. If you live in an older home, it's likely to have cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start to erode, leaking water could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Standing water: Water accumulation around your home can be menacing to your foundation, especially when it gathers in areas your drainage system doesn't reach.
- Soil composition: Soil with large sand or clay concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall Nashua experiences, the soil soaks up moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction stresses nearby foundations, even if the foundations stay dry.
- Topsoil Frost: When temperatures plummet, topsoil abruptly ices over and lower layers can't expand, forcing upper layers to heave and permanently damage infrastructure.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can intrude into a home's foundation through crevices, and may apply force that leads to your foundation fracturing, pipes leaking, and overall structural deterioration.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
To choose a foundation repair contractor, you should think about what's most important to you. Use this list of qualities to help you go through the process.
Licensing and Experience
New Hampshire doesn't require any home contractors, including foundation repair providers, to get a license. However, cities and counties in the Granite State can still set their own licensing requirements. We encourage you to consult your city hall about what's required where you live. Talk to staff to gain further insight into a company's experience. You should ask about local inspection processes, permit ordinances and building codes.
One of the best ways to evaluate a company's reputation is to find its website. Look for the company's years in business and what credentials its team holds. Many prominent companies offer educational content for prospective customers.
When you're researching a company's reputation, head to its Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile. There, you can find its rating and a list of customer reviews, both complaints and positive experiences. Remember that complaints don't necessarily mean a contractor is unqualified. BBB reviews also show how companies address complaints. A proactive team that strives for amicable outcomes is a good one. Don't work with a business if you don't see clear communication about problems.
Foundation Repair Cost in Nashua
The price of foundation repair can vary substantially depending on the degree of the issues and what's required to resolve them. For minor foundation cracking and settling issues, you may pay as little as $1,900. However, if there is considerable damage, the normal cost falls at about $3,200. More intricate projects involving tunneling, helical piers, or major mudjacking could cost upwards of $7,000. Below are the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Nashua
What will I pay to repair my foundation in Nashua?
Can a foundation always be fixed?
What are the different types of foundations in Nashua?
Do I need to leave my home for foundation repair work?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.