Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above providers offer a full suite of services beyond gutter guards. These often include cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive service agreement.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. A few nationwide gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation with their products. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, downspouts, hangers, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a two-story or taller home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Debris buildup through the seasons can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some contractors will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are vital to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as pine needles, grit from shingles, small particles, and leaves, can collect and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard companies have different warranties covering labor, materials, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, sometimes lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, typically 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want an entire gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors offer a comprehensive price for complete gutter installation. Others bill individually for fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different levels of expertise based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what services you need.
- Guarantees: Over time, summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a competitive warranty.
- Licensing:Gutter guard providers might have to maintain licenses and permits according to New Hampshire and Manchester regulations. They should also carry workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Contact your local government to learn more about what's required, and verify a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Better Business Bureau, Google Reviews, Yelp, Trustpilot, and social media are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $497 and $3,986. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your fascia, foundation, and roof. Factors such as gutter time of year, length and width, home size, and accessibility impact the final quoted price.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Manchester. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, calculate your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Figure out that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Manchester
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block any size of debris?
What are some problems I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.