Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair companies provide a number of services to help your furnace work at maximum efficiency. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore furnace function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair professionals can diagnose and repair any furnace issue, such as a clogged air filter, malfunctioning thermostat, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems like faulty ignitions, malfunctioning thermostats, damaged heat exchangers, or possible gas leaks. Furnace experts can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and making sure all components function properly.
HVAC providers can help you install a new furnace if yours is past repair. An expert can also help with upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for your budget and home requirements. HVAC technicians follow industry standards and safety protocols to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate your new system with your existing thermostats and air ducts. After installation, the company does one last inspection to confirm that the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
If you notice your furnace isn’t turning on, your furnace repair company will likely recommend a thorough inspection to identify potential problems. This process involves a technician examining each furnace component. Inspections usually include inspecting the burner and ignition system, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and cleaning and replacing air filters. Your technician will verify the heating system's efficiency and safety, making necessary adjustments or repairs. Regular yearly furnace tune-ups facilitate peak performance, help avoid possible breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters.
Emergency furnace repair services are invaluable if your furnace breaks down on a cold winter night. Many companies offer 24/7 services to help get your furnace up and running as soon as possible. These services help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns. Emergency services might be more expensive than scheduled services, but it's worth it to protect your health. If your furnace fails during extreme weather, and you can't open windows for fresh air, it can lead to discomfort and serious health risks due to decreased indoor air quality.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Reno Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for hiring a local Reno furnace repair company. We go over some important factors below.
- Cost: Compare pricing from several Reno furnace repair companies. Choose one with transparent and competitive pricing and a wide scope of services. Beware of extremely low-cost options, which might compromise workmanship quality or involve subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Check for warranties or guarantees provided by the furnace repair provider. A reputable company should stand behind its work and offer a reasonable guarantee on repairs and replacement parts. This provides peace of mind knowing you can depend on your service provider if issues arise after repairs.
- Licensing: HVAC contractors in Nevada must obtain contractor's license (NAC 624.380 : C-21) via the Nevada State Contractors Board. It's important to hire a furnace repair provider that is properly licensed and certified to ensure that your technician is qualified to handle furnace repairs effectively and safely.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Ideally, technicians will have appropriate training and expertise in various furnace makes and models. Ask about ongoing training programs to ensure a provider keeps up with current repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Browse online reviews and customer testimonials to get an idea of a company's reputation. Mostly positive reviews are indicative of quality services. You can also verify a company's commitment to customer satisfaction by looking at how it addresses complaints and other negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair depends on several factors, including HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the cost of replacement parts. The average furnace repair costs $458, but the final price depends on the details. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $83–$415
- Cleaning: $50–$66
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,659–$2,903
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$124
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$91
- Filter change: $33–$124
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Reno
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.