Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Local furnace repair providers offer a number of services to keep your furnace running efficiently. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs extend the furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, on top of restoring function. Furnace repair professionals are trained to deal with broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, and more. Your technician can help diagnose and repair these and other issues to keep your furnace working effectively. A qualified HVAC technician can also handle issues like possible gas leaks, malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitions, or damaged heat exchangers. Furnace repair professionals can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and generally ensuring all components function properly.
Your local HVAC expert can upgrade your furnace to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. If your system is past repair, they can also help install a new furnace. Your technician will begin by assessing your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Professional HVAC technicians follow industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate a new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts. They'll complete one last inspection after installation to make sure your furnace is running optimally.
You likely need an inspection if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will thoroughly inspect each part of your furnace to look for possible issues. The inspection usually includes examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, testing the thermostat's accuracy, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, inspecting the burner and ignition system, and cleaning and replacing air filters. During an annual inspection, your technician will verify your heating system's efficiency and safety while making any necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular inspections and tune-ups help avoid possible breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote a safe living environment during chilly winters.
Some furnace repair providers offer emergency services. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down in the middle of winter, emergency services can get it up and running again as quickly as possible. Furnace failure can lead to discomfort and serious health risks due to decreased indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather and you're unable to open windows for fresh air. Emergency services may cost more than scheduled services, but it's worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Omaha Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for selecting a local Omaha furnace repair service. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Compare service offerings and prices among several Omaha furnace repair companies. Look for competitive and transparent pricing while avoiding extremely low-cost options. Abnormally low prices may indicate that a company is making up the difference by compromising material or workmanship quality.
- Guarantees: Look into the warranties or guarantees provided by your furnace repair provider. A trustworthy company should stand behind its work and offer a reasonable guarantee on repairs and replacement parts. This gives you peace of mind knowing you can depend on your service provider if problems arise after repairs.
- Licensing: Make sure the furnace repair company holds the licenses and certifications required by local and state authorities. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. In Nebraska, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Your provider should employ technicians that are well-trained and have experience working with various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training policies to ensure they stay on top of the latest industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Browse online testimonials and reviews from previous customers to get a sense of a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also pay attention to how it addresses negative feedback. This can reveal a lot about a provider's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
A number of factors affect the cost of furnace repair. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and price of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs $375 on average, though prices vary depending on the details. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $73–$365
- Cleaning: $44–$58
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,460–$2,555
- Damaged blower bearings: $22–$109
- Damaged blower belt: $22–$80
- Filter change: $29–$109
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Omaha
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.