Common Types of Air Conditioners
HVAC technicians have the expertise to service most air conditioner types, but knowing more about what you have can be beneficial. Below, we'll outline each of the common AC systems.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name implies, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're preferred for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
- Central AC: These are the most common residential AC systems, offering consistent, precise temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to various rooms in your home.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one inside and one outside. They offer quiet operation, enhanced efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Bellevue condos, apartments, and townhomes. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling single rooms and small spaces, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users deploy their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an outdoor unit and one or more indoor units, with no ductwork required. They offer individual room temperature control, flexible installation options, and higher energy efficiency.
How to Choose Your Bellevue AC Repair Service
You likely want a swift resolution for your air conditioner's problem. However, before recruiting a repair company, it's important to do careful research to ensure it's the best for your home. Here are a few essential steps to follow.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Nebraska doesn't issue state licenses to HVAC apprentices, journeymen, masters, or contractors. However, AC repair companies must still register with the Department of Labor and follow city/county licensing requirements.
You should also confirm a company has sufficient liability insurance coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if mishaps arise during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Read customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB accredits contractors that resolve complaints professionally and honor their warranties.
It's normal for even the best AC repair companies to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a business if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
Obtain at least three detailed, written estimates from different companies for the best value. A good estimate should factor in additional fees such as permitting costs. You should also ask about the emergency repair process, installer guarantees, and manufacturer warranties.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Bellevue
How much can I expect to pay for AC repair in Bellevue?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
What are some signs that I should call an HVAC repair company?
What month is best for getting an air conditioner replaced?
What do I do if my AC is running but not cooling?
What industry certifications should I look for when researching Bellevue AC repair companies?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.