Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above providers offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards need professional installation, others have easy DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services as part of their packages. Two high-quality gutter guard options include fine stainless steel mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. Companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it so your system can work to its full potential.
Temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to leaky, less effective gutters. Ask each provider about its repair policies and services. Some providers won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Cleanings at least twice a year are essential to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as grit from shingles, leaves, small particles, and pine needles, can accumulate and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard companies typically provide warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with an integrated system, it's crucial to vet each company on your shortlist. Look over the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will charge a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for maintenance services, gutter cleaning, fascia board replacement, and gutter guard installation.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different offerings and levels of expertise. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company experienced with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Heavy rains in summer and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. A number of top providers provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for an all-inclusive warranty plan for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing:Gutter guard companies might have to maintain business licensing according to Missouri and Lee's Summit regulations. They should also have workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Reach out to your local government to learn more about what's required, and verify a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. social media, Yelp, Better Business Bureau, Trustpilot, and Google Reviews are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $403 and $3,508 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your roof, foundation, and fascia, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter accessibility, home size, length and width, and time of year determine pricing for the project.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Lee's Summit. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Material||Cost per foot|
|Stainless steel micro-mesh||$5|
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Lee's Summit
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.