Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard providers offer a complete suite of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and make repairs to other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services with their products. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, downspouts, hangers, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to damaged, less effective gutters. Ask each provider about its repair packages and policies. Some contractors won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Cleanings at least twice a year are vital to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as pine needles, leaves, grit from shingles, and small particles, can collect and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to perform the cleaning yourself.
Warranties differ between gutter guard providers, and may cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a specified time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want an entire gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will give flat fees for comprehensive gutter installation, while others charge individually for gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different levels of expertise based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what services you need.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Numerous high-quality companies offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: Companies must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Missouri or Joplin might also require gutter companies to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and ensure a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for assessing any home services company. Sites such as Yelp, Trustpilot, Google Reviews, the Better Business Bureau, and social media provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $395 and $3,471 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your roof, fascia, and foundation, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter accessibility, time of year, home size, and length and width determine pricing for the project.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Joplin. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the per-foot cost by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Joplin
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.