Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above providers provide a complete range of services. Extras such as cleaning and repairs are often included in a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards require professional installation, others have straightforward DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services as part of their packages. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with one-piece products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a two-story or taller home, we recommend it so your system can work to its full potential.
Debris buildup over the seasons can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some providers will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are essential to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as small particles, pine needles, leaves, and grit from shingles, can build up and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to climb a ladder yourself.
Gutter guard companies typically include warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from provider to provider, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or need an entire gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will offer single rates for comprehensive gutter installation, while others bill separately for fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different service offerings and expertise levels. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company that has expertise with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system over time. Numerous companies offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a warranty that thoroughly covers your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Mississippi may have to hold business licenses, liability insurance, and workers comp coverage according to local regulations. Contact the Jackson government to learn specifics, and verify that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to assess a home services company is to read customer comments. Look at the company's profile on Trustpilot, Google Reviews, Yelp, social media, and Better Business Bureau to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative feedback, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $399 to $3,492. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your fascia, foundation, and roof will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter length and width, home size, accessibility, and time of year impact the total pricing.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Jackson. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Jackson
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block any size of debris?
What are some problems I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.