Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Roseville
Some frequent reasons why Roseville homeowners encounter foundation troubles include:
- Standing water: Water accumulation around your home can threaten your foundation, especially when it collects in areas your gutters don't reach.
- Topsoil Frost: When temperatures plummet, topsoil abruptly ices over and lower layers can't expand, forcing upper layers to heave and permanently damage infrastructure.
- Improper modifications: Landscaping or roofing work that wasn't done properly could result in your foundation settling.
- Aging plumbing: The average Roseville home construction year is 1970. If you live in an older home, it's likely to have cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start eroding, leaking water could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Choosing a foundation provider doesn't have to be difficult. We encourage you to write down what you expect most in a contractor, then evaluate each provider on your shortlist against these qualities.
Licensing and Experience
Minnesota foundation repair companies need both a residential building contractor and residential remodeler license from the Department of Labor and Industry. The former license lets a company work on new construction, while the latter allows it to modify and repair existing foundations. Business owners need to take 14 hours of continuing education to renew a license. If a contractor makes less than $15,000 from foundation work, they can apply for a Certificate of Exemption and do not need a license. To further understand your contractor's experience, we recommend asking questions about what local codes apply to your project, how the company inspects foundations, and how its team will draft plans and pull permits.
One of the easiest ways to evaluate a company's reputation is to explore its website. Look for the company's history and the accreditations its team holds. Many prominent companies provide educational content for future customers.
We advise examining the company's Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile to see whether it's accredited and has a high customer review score. You can see whether other homeowners have expressed satisfaction or filed complaints. Pay special attention to what customers say about company warranties. Complaints don't mean a contractor is bad news. BBB reviews show how the company handled complaints. It's a good sign if the company has settled issues favorably and proactively. You should steer clear of a company with more negative reviews, no certifications, and no communication regarding issues.
Foundation Repair Cost in Roseville
The price of foundation repair can vary substantially depending on the extent of the issues and what's required to resolve them. For minor foundation cracking and settling concerns, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is considerable deterioration, the typical cost is about $3,000. More complex projects involving digging, helical piers, or major mudjacking could cost upwards of $6,900. This table shows the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Roseville
How much does foundation repair cost in Roseville?
Do Roseville foundation repair companies offer warranties or guarantees?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Make sure your home's gutters and downspouts are in good condition and direct water away from your foundation to avoid water accumulation.
- Water the soil around your foundation consistently, especially during dry spells, to prevent shrinking and expansion.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to slope away from your foundation, encouraging water drainage and minimizing the risk of foundation issues.
- Inspect your foundation for signs of damage, and fix any issues promptly.
What are some "red flags" indicating a foundation company to avoid?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.