Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair companies provide various to keep your furnace working at maximum efficiency. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs help extend your furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, on top of restoring function. Furnace repair companies can handle a number of issues, such as broken blower motors, clogged air filters, and malfunctioning thermostats. Qualified HVAC technicians also have the expertise to tackle problems such as possible gas leaks, malfunctioning thermostats, damaged heat exchangers, and faulty ignitions. Furnace experts can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and ensuring all components function properly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace. You may want a new system if yours is at the end of its life or if you're looking for a more energy-efficient option like a heat pump. Your technician will first assess your heating needs and home’s layout before recommending a furnace model for your budget and home requirements. A professional HVAC technician can integrate your new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. They're trained on industry standards and safety protocols to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To be sure everything is running optimally, your technician will perform a final inspection following installation.
We recommend scheduling an inspection with a furnace repair provider if you notice your furnace failing to turn on. A technician will inspect every component of your furnace to identify potential issues. The inspection usually includes inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and testing the thermostat's accuracy. Annual inspections like this facilitate optimal heating system performance, help prevent potential breakdowns, and promote safe living during frigid winters. A technician will verify your system's safety and efficiency and make the necessary repairs.
Emergency furnace repair services will restore heat to your home if your furnace breaks down in the middle of winter. Many companies offer 24/7 services to help get your furnace up and running as soon as possible. These services help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns. When your furnace fails during extreme weather, and you can't open windows for fresh air, it can pose discomfort and serious health risks due to decreased indoor air quality. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but it’s worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Minnetonka Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for choosing a local Minnetonka furnace repair company. We review some key factors below.
- Cost: Compare service offerings and prices among several Minnetonka furnace repair providers. Look for transparent and competitive pricing while avoiding extremely low-cost options. Abnormally low prices may indicate that a company is making up the difference by compromising material or workmanship quality.
- Guarantees: Check for warranties or guarantees provided by your furnace repair provider. A reputable company should back its work with guarantees on repairs and replacement parts. This gives you peace of mind knowing you can rely on the service provider if issues arise post-repair.
- Licensing: In Minnesota, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government. Hiring a properly licensed and certified furnace repair provider is essential to ensure that your technician is trained and qualified to handle furnace repairs effectively and safely.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Ideally, technicians will have appropriate training and expertise in various furnace makes and models. You can ask about ongoing training programs to ensure a provider is up to date with current repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Learn more about a company's reputation by checking online reviews and testimonials from previous customers. A strong positive reputation is a good indicator of high-quality services. Pay attention to how a company addresses complaints or negative feedback, reflecting its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Certain factors affect the cost of furnace repair. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and price of replacement parts. On average, furnace repair costs $501, although prices vary depending on the details. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $88–$440
- Cleaning: $53–$70
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,761–$3,082
- Damaged blower bearings: $26–$132
- Damaged blower belt: $26–$97
- Filter change: $35–$132
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Minnetonka
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.