Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above companies provide a complete range of services. Extras such as cleaning and repair services are often included in a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
Most gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature straightforward DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter include installation services. Two high-quality gutter guard options include fine stainless steel mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard professionals offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, downspouts, end caps, and other components in one package. Companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it so your system can work to its full potential.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over time, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different contractors, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutters besides their own products.
Most homeowners aren't fond of gutter cleaning, but it's essential to do it at least two times a year. Debris, such as shingle grit, pine needles, and leaves, can build up and cause more severe issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard installers, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a specified time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with an integrated system, it's crucial to vet each company on your shortlist. Review the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses give a package rate for full gutter installation. Others charge separately for work such as gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying expertise. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides listed on their website.
- Guarantees: The combination of summer storms and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. A number of top providers provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for a comprehensive warranty for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Minnesota may have to hold business licenses, workers comp coverage, and liability insurance according to local regulations. Contact the Minneapolis government to learn specifics, and verify that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to assess a home services company is to read customer comments. Look at the company's profile on Better Business Bureau, Trustpilot, Google Reviews, social media, and Yelp to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative feedback, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $449 and $3,743. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your foundation, roof, and fascia. Factors such as gutter length and width, home size, accessibility, and time of year impact the final quoted price.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Minneapolis. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Minneapolis
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I can run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.