Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair companies offer various services to keep your furnace working efficiently and effectively. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs extend the furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, on top of restoring furnace function. Furnace repair providers can diagnose and repair a number of issues, including broken blower motors, clogged air filters, and malfunctioning thermostats. Qualified HVAC technicians also have the expertise to tackle problems like possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, and malfunctioning thermostats. Your furnace repair professional can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will ensure that all components function properly by inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, and replacing air filters.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace. You might want a new system if yours is at the end of its life or if you're looking for a more energy-efficient option like a heat pump. Your technician will first assess your home's layout and heating needs before recommending the best furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Professional HVAC technicians follow industry standards and safety protocols for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate a new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts. Your provider will complete a final inspection after installation to make sure your furnace is running optimally.
You should schedule an inspection through a furnace repair provider if you notice your furnace failing to turn on. A technician will inspect every component of your furnace to identify potential issues. Inspections typically include testing the thermostat's accuracy, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. Annual inspections of this type encourage optimal heating system performance, help prevent breakdowns, and promote safe living during frigid winters. The technician will verify your system's safety and efficiency and make the necessary repairs.
Emergency furnace repair services can help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or safety concerns. Many companies offer these 24/7 services to get your system up and running promptly outside of normal business hours. Emergency services can cost more than a scheduled service, but it's worth it to protect your health. Furnace failure can lead to discomfort and serious health risks due to reduced indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather conditions when you can't open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Minneapolis Furnace Repair Service
You should consider a number of factors when selecting a local Minneapolis furnace repair company. We review some key considerations below.
- Cost: Compare pricing from several Minneapolis furnace repair providers. Choose one with transparent and competitive pricing and a wide scope of services. Avoid extremely low-cost options, which may compromise workmanship quality or involve subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Guarantees and warranties offer you peace of mind should issues arise post-repair. Reputable furnace repair providers should back their work with warranties or guarantees for both workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair provider holds all the required licenses and certifications. In Minnesota, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government. Proper licensing ensures that technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely.
- Qualifications: Find out what qualifications and experience a furnace repair company has. Your service provider should employ well-trained technicians who have experience working with various furnace makes and models. Inquire about a company's training policies to make sure they're up to date on industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Browse online testimonials and reviews from previous customers to get a sense of a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also be mindful of how it addresses negative reviews and complaints. This can reveal a lot about a provider's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Furnace repair costs vary depending on certain factors. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and the price of replacement parts. The average homeowner pays around $501 for furnace repair, though your total cost may vary. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $88–$440
- Cleaning: $53–$70
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,761–$3,082
- Damaged blower bearings: $26–$132
- Damaged blower belt: $26–$97
- Filter change: $35–$132
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Minneapolis
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.