Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair provider will offer various services to ensure your furnace runs efficiently. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs not only restore your furnace's function, they also extend its lifespan and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair providers can diagnose and repair any furnace issue, such as a clogged air filter, malfunctioning thermostat, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems like possible gas leaks, malfunctioning thermostats, damaged heat exchangers, or faulty ignitions. Furnace repair companies can also handle routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include jobs such as inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and making sure all components work properly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace. You might want a new system if yours is past repair or if you're looking for a more energy-efficient option like a heat pump. Your technician first assesses your heating needs and home’s layout before recommending a furnace model for your requirements and budget. An HVAC professional can integrate a new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. They're trained on industry safety protocols and standards to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To be sure everything is running optimally, your technician will perform a final inspection after installation.
You need an inspection if you notice your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will thoroughly inspect every part of your furnace to look for possible causes. The inspection usually includes inspecting the burner and ignition system, testing the thermostat's accuracy, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, and cleaning and replacing air filters. Your technician will check the heating system's safety and efficiency and make any needed adjustments or repairs. Annual furnace inspections and tune-ups help ensure optimal performance and help prevent potential breakdowns, which promotes a safe living environment during freezing winters.
Some furnace repair providers also have emergency services. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during the winter, emergency services can get it up and running again as quickly as possible. Emergency services are more expensive than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can cause discomfort and serious health risks due to reduced indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown happens during extreme weather conditions when you can't open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Maplewood Furnace Repair Service
You have a number of factors to consider when selecting a local Maplewood furnace repair service. We review some key considerations below.
- Cost: Compare service offerings and prices among several Maplewood furnace repair companies. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but avoid extremely low-cost options. Companies that offer services for abnormally low prices may make up the difference by compromising the quality of work or materials.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair provider about any warranties or guarantees it offers. Reliable companies offer these guarantees to protect customers if any issues arise post-repair. Guarantees can cover both workmanship and parts.
- Licensing: Make sure the furnace repair company holds the licenses and certifications required by local and state authorities. Proper licensing ensures technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely. In Minnesota, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government.
- Qualifications: Check into the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. You want technicians that are well-trained and experienced at working on various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training programs to confirm that technicians are educated on the latest industry standards.
- Reputation and reviews: Look at online reviews and customer testimonials to learn more about a provider's reputation. Overall positive reviews are indicative of quality services. You can also confirm a company's commitment to customer satisfaction by seeing how it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Several factors affect the cost of furnace repair. These include the type of HVAC unit, extent of the damage, and cost of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs $518 on average, though this varies depending on your situation. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $90–$451
- Cleaning: $54–$72
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,803–$3,155
- Damaged blower bearings: $27–$135
- Damaged blower belt: $27–$99
- Filter change: $36–$135
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Maplewood
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.