Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer a number of services to help your furnace work at maximum efficiency. We outline some common offerings below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair companies can diagnose and fix a number of issues, such as broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, and clogged air filters. Qualified HVAC technicians also have the expertise to tackle problems such as faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, possible gas leaks, and malfunctioning thermostats. Furnace experts can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and ensuring all components function properly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace. You might need a new system if yours is past repair or if you're looking for a more energy-efficient option such as a heat pump. Your technician first assesses your home's layout and heating needs before recommending the right furnace model for your requirements and budget. An HVAC professional can integrate your new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. They're trained to follow industry safety protocols and standards to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To be sure everything is running optimally, your technician will complete a final inspection following installation.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, you should schedule a thorough inspection with a furnace repair provider. A technician will examine each component of your furnace to look for potential issues. The inspection typically includes examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, cleaning and replacing air filters, and inspecting the burner and ignition system. Annual inspections of this type facilitate optimal heating system performance, help prevent potential breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters. The technician will verify your system's efficiency and safety and make the necessary repairs.
If your furnace breaks down on a cold winter night, some furnace repair companies provide emergency repair services to get your heat back up and running promptly. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns. When your furnace fails in extreme weather conditions, and you can't open windows for fresh air, it can pose serious discomfort and health risks from poor indoor air quality. Though emergency services will cost more than scheduled services, protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Detroit Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for selecting a local Detroit furnace repair provider. We go over some important factors below.
- Cost: Compare multiple Detroit furnace repair companies to find the best prices and service offerings. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but be wary of companies that offer extremely low rates. These providers often make up the difference with low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Warranties and guarantees offer you peace of mind if problems come up after a repair. Trustworthy furnace repair companies should back their work with warranties or guarantees for both workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair servicer holds the required local and state licenses and certifications. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely. HVAC contractors in Michigan must obtain mechanical contractor's license through the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- Qualifications: Check into the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. Ideally, you want technicians that are well-trained and experienced at working with various furnace makes and models. Inquire about a company's training programs to confirm that technicians are up to date on current industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: Check online reviews and testimonials from previous customers to learn about a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also be mindful of how it addresses negative reviews and complaints. This can tell you a great deal about a provider's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Furnace repair costs depend on several factors. These include HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the cost of replacement parts. Homeowners can anticipate spending around $480 for furnace repair, though your total cost may vary. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $86–$428
- Cleaning: $51–$68
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,712–$2,996
- Damaged blower bearings: $26–$128
- Damaged blower belt: $26–$94
- Filter change: $34–$128
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Detroit
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.