Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above providers offer a full suite of services beyond gutter guards. These often include gutter cleaning and repairs, covered by a comprehensive service agreement.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although most gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. A few nationwide gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services with their products. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, hangers, downspouts, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Debris buildup over the seasons can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some providers will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most homeowners dislike gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it at least two times a year. Debris, such as pine needles, leaves, and shingle grit, can build up and cause more serious issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard companies have different warranties covering labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, typically 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with an integrated system, it's crucial to screen each company on your shortlist. Review the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will quote a single price for complete gutter installation. Others bill independently for gutter cleaning, fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and maintenance services.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different levels of expertise based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what expertise you need.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Numerous high-quality companies offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into warranty plans that thoroughly cover your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to obtain licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, get in touch with your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, verify a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also confirm a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for evaluating any home services company. Sites such as Google Reviews, Yelp, the Better Business Bureau, social media, and Trustpilot provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $379 to $3,389 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your foundation, roof, and fascia from water damage. Variables such as gutter home size, time of year, length and width, and accessibility will determine the total project cost.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Dearborn. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding cost per foot.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Dearborn
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I can run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.