Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above providers offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. A few nationwide gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services with their products. Stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and best results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Standing water, debris, and rapid temperature changes can damage gutters. Ask each provider about different repair packages and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are a must to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as grit from shingles, leaves, pine needles, and small particles, can build up and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard providers typically offer warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with a seamless system, it's crucial to vet each company on your shortlist. Look over the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors offer a comprehensive price for complete gutter installation. Others charge separately for gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different experience level. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that matches what services you need.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Many top providers offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: Companies must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Michigan or Dearborn Heights might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Call your local government to learn more about specific requirements and confirm a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for assessing any home services company. Sites such as the Better Business Bureau, Trustpilot, social media, Google Reviews, and Yelp provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $379 and $3,389. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your foundation, fascia, and roof. Factors such as gutter accessibility, time of year, home size, and length and width impact the final quoted price.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Dearborn Heights. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, calculate your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Figure out that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Dearborn Heights
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.