Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard providers often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repair, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive warranty plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards require professional installation, others have straightforward DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services as part of their packages. If you're installing new gutters, consider aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, end caps, downspouts, and other components in one package. While gutter guard providers will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one story.
Standing water, debris, and extreme temperature changes can make gutters less effective. Ask each provider about different repair plans and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are a must to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as pine needles, leaves, small particles, and grit from shingles, can accumulate and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to perform the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard providers have different warranties covering labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are often longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, commonly 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get an entire gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will give flat fees for comprehensive gutter installation, while others charge individually for fascia board replacement, gutter cleaning, and gutter guard installation.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying skill levels. Select a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Many top providers offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Massachusetts may have to maintain business licenses, liability insurance, and workers comp coverage according to local regulations. Contact the Waltham government to learn specifics, and ensure that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer ratings to see how other homeowners rated their quality. Platforms such as Google Reviews, social media, Trustpilot, the Better Business Bureau, and Yelp can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $413 to $3,561. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your foundation, fascia, and roof will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter time of year, accessibility, home size, and length and width impact the total pricing.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Waltham. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding per-foot rate.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Waltham
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I might encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.