Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer a number of services to help your furnace work at maximum efficiency. We outline some common offerings below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore furnace function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair experts are trained to handle broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, and more. Your technician can diagnose and repair these and other issues to keep your furnace working effectively. A qualified HVAC technician can also handle issues like faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, malfunctioning thermostats, or possible gas leaks. Furnace repair professionals can also handle routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and generally ensuring all components function optimally.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair, or you're planning on upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. Skilled technicians will first assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, they recommend a suitable furnace model based on your budget and home requirements. Professional HVAC technicians are trained in industry standards and safety protocols for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can integrate your new system with your existing air ducts and thermostats. They'll complete a final inspection after installation to make sure your furnace runs optimally.
If you notice your furnace isn’t turning on, a furnace repair company will probably recommend a thorough inspection to identify possible issues. This process involves a technician examining each of the furnace's components. The inspection typically includes examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, inspecting the burner and ignition system, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and cleaning and replacing air filters. Your technician will check the heating system's safety and efficiency and make any needed repairs or adjustments. Annual furnace tune-ups help ensure optimal performance and help prevent potential breakdowns, which promotes a safe living environment during chilly winters.
Some furnace repair companies offer emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down in the middle of winter, emergency services can have it up and running again as soon as possible. Emergency services might cost more than a scheduled service, but protecting your health is worth it. If your furnace fails during extreme weather conditions, and you're unable to open windows for fresh air, it can lead to serious discomfort and health risks due to the decreased indoor air quality.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Springfield Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for hiring a local Springfield furnace repair company. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: Look for a company that provides all the services you need, and that offers transparent and competitive pricing. Compare several Springfield furnace repair companies. Beware of ones with extremely low rates, as they may employ low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair provider about the warranties or guarantees it offers. Reliable service providers offer these guarantees to protect customers if any problems come up post-repair. Guarantees may cover both parts and workmanship.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair company holds the licenses and certifications required by local and state authorities. Proper licensing ensures technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. HVAC contractors in Massachusetts must obtain a refrigeration technician license from the Massachusetts Division of Occupational Licensure.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. A company should employ technicians that are well-trained and have experience with various furnace makes and models. Inquire about a company's training policies to ensure they stay on top of the latest industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Research the company's reputation by reading online reviews and testimonials from previous customers. A strong positive reputation is a likely indicator of high-quality services. Look at how the company addresses negative feedback or complaints, reflecting its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Furnace repair costs vary depending on multiple factors. These include HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the cost of replacement parts. The average homeowner pays around $429 for furnace repair, although your total cost may vary. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $80–$398
- Cleaning: $48–$64
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,590–$2,783
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$119
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$87
- Filter change: $32–$119
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Springfield
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.