Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard providers offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and fix other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services with their products. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, downspouts, end caps, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Standing water, debris, and extreme temperature changes can damage gutters. Ask each company about different repair plans and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they mounted themselves.
Most homeowners dread gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it at least twice a year. Debris, such as leaves, pine needles, and shingle grit, can build up and cause more nagging issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard companies, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are frequently longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a specified time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will offer single rates for comprehensive gutter installation, while others charge individually for fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying expertise. Select a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides listed on their website.
- Guarantees: Summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system over time. Many top providers offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a warranty that thoroughly covers your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Massachusetts may have to maintain liability insurance, business licenses, and workers comp coverage according to local regulations. Contact the Somerville government to learn specifics, and ensure that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Better Business Bureau, Google Reviews, Yelp, social media, and Trustpilot are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $413 to $3,561 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your fascia, roof, and foundation from water damage. Variables such as gutter accessibility, time of year, home size, and length and width will determine the total project cost.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Somerville. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding per-foot rate.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Somerville
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.