Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Local furnace repair providers offer various services to ensure your furnace runs efficiently. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely professional repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair companies can diagnose and repair any issues with your furnace, including a clogged air filter, malfunctioning thermostat, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems including damaged heat exchangers, malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitions, or possible gas leaks. Furnace experts can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and making sure all components function correctly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair, or you're planning on upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, skilled technicians assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, they recommend the most suitable furnace model based on your budget and home requirements. Professional HVAC technicians practice industry standards and safety protocols for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate your new system with your existing air ducts and thermostats. Your provider will complete a final inspection after installation to make sure your furnace runs optimally.
You likely need an inspection if you discover that your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will thoroughly inspect each part of your furnace to look for possible issues. The inspection usually includes examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, testing the thermostat's accuracy, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, cleaning and replacing air filters, and inspecting the burner and ignition system. The technician verifies the heating system's efficiency and safety, making necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular yearly furnace tune-ups facilitate optimal performance, help avoid possible breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters.
Emergency furnace repair services help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or other safety concerns. Many providers offer these 24/7 services to help get your system back up and running promptly any time of the day or night. Furnace failure can cause discomfort and serious health risks due to reduced indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown happens during extreme weather and it's not possible to open windows for fresh air. Emergency services may cost more than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Somerville Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for choosing a local Somerville furnace repair service. We go over some important factors below.
- Cost: Compare prices among several Somerville furnace repair companies. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, considering the scope of services offered. Stay away from extremely low-cost options, which may compromise workmanship quality or involve subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Look into the guarantees or warranties offered by your furnace repair provider. A reliable company should back its work with guarantees on parts and repair work. This assurance provides peace of mind knowing you can rely on the service provider if problems arise after repairs.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the necessary licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in Massachusetts must obtain a refrigeration technician license from the Massachusetts Division of Occupational Licensure. Proper licensing helps ensure that technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely.
- Qualifications: Learn about the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. Ideally, you want technicians that are well-trained and experienced at working on various furnace makes and models. Inquire about company training programs to verify that technicians are educated on the latest industry standards.
- Reputation and reviews: Browse online testimonials and reviews from previous customers to get a sense of a company's reputation. It's important to look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but you should also pay attention to how it addresses negative reviews and complaints. This can tell you a great deal about a company's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair varies depending on multiple factors, including HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. The average furnace repair costs $507, but your total price depends on the situation. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $89–$444
- Cleaning: $53–$71
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,776–$3,108
- Damaged blower bearings: $27–$133
- Damaged blower belt: $27–$98
- Filter change: $36–$133
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Somerville
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.