Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above providers provide a complete range of services. Extras such as cleaning and repairs are often included in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
Most gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature straightforward DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter include installation services. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Some gutter guard companies offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer "one-piece" systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which company you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, hangers, downspouts, and other components in one package. While gutter guard providers will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one floor.
Sudden temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to leaky, less effective gutters. Ask each installer about its repair policy. Some providers won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Most homeowners dread gutter cleaning, but it's critical to do it at least two times a year. Debris, such as pine needles, shingle grit, and leaves, can build up and cause more nagging issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer regular cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard installers, and may cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a specified time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get a whole gutter system with guards installed, screen different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will charge a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others charge individually for gutter cleaning, fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and maintenance services.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different levels of expertise based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what services you need.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Many top providers offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to obtain licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, contact your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, check a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also verify a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer feedback to see how other homeowners rated their quality. Platforms such as Trustpilot, Google Reviews, the Better Business Bureau, social media, and Yelp can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $413 to $3,561 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your foundation, roof, and fascia from water damage. Variables such as gutter accessibility, length and width, home size, and time of year will determine the total project cost.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Newton. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the per-foot cost by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Material||Cost per foot|
|Stainless steel micro-mesh||$5|
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Newton
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I can run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.