Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair provider will offer a number of services to ensure your furnace runs efficiently. We outline some common offerings below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs not only restore your furnace's function, they also extend its lifespan and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair providers can diagnose and repair any issues with your furnace, including a clogged air filter, malfunctioning thermostat, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems such as malfunctioning thermostats, possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, or damaged heat exchangers. Furnace repair professionals can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and ensuring all components function optimally.
Your HVAC provider can upgrade your furnace to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. If your system is beyond repair, they can also help install a new furnace. Your technician will begin by assessing your home's layout and heating needs. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for your requirements and budget. HVAC technicians follow safety protocols and standards set by the industry to ensure correct furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate a new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. After installation, the company will complete a final inspection to confirm that the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
If you notice your furnace isn’t turning on, your furnace repair company will recommend a thorough inspection to identify potential issues. This will involve a technician examining each furnace component. Inspections typically include checking for any gas or fuel leaks, inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. The technician verifies the heating system's efficiency and safety while making the necessary adjustments or repairs. Routine, annual furnace tune-ups facilitate peak performance, help prevent potential breakdowns, and promote a safe living environment during cold winters.
Some furnace repair providers offer emergency services. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down in the middle of winter, emergency services can have it up and running as soon as possible. Emergency services may be more expensive than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can cause serious discomfort and health risks due to reduced indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather conditions when it's not possible to open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Newton Furnace Repair Service
You have a number of factors to consider when hiring a local Newton furnace repair company. We go over some important considerations below.
- Cost: Compare several Newton furnace repair providers to find the best service offerings and prices. Look for competitive, transparent pricing, but avoid companies that offer extremely low rates. These providers may make up the difference with subpar replacement parts or low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair company about the warranties or guarantees it offers. Trustworthy companies offer these guarantees to protect customers if any issues arise post-repair. Guarantees may cover both workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair provider holds all the required licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in Massachusetts must obtain a refrigeration technician license from the Massachusetts Division of Occupational Licensure. Proper licensing helps ensure that technicians are qualified and trained to safely handle furnace repairs.
- Qualifications: Check a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Ideally, technicians should be well-trained and have expertise in various furnace makes and models. Ask about ongoing training programs to ensure a company is up to date with current repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Check online reviews and testimonials from previous customers to get a sense of a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also pay attention to how it addresses negative feedback. This can reveal a lot about a company's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Furnace repair costs vary based on several factors. These include HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. Homeowners can expect to spend around $507 for furnace repair, though your total cost may vary. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $89–$444
- Cleaning: $53–$71
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,776–$3,108
- Damaged blower bearings: $27–$133
- Damaged blower belt: $27–$98
- Filter change: $36–$133
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Newton
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.