Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard companies offer a complete suite of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and make repairs to other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. A few nationwide gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation with their products. If you're installing new gutters, consider stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Some gutter guard providers offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer seamless systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which company you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, downspouts, end caps, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one floor.
Sudden temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to damaged, less effective gutters. Ask each company about its repair policy. Some contractors won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Cleanings at least twice a year are a must to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as leaves, small particles, pine needles, and grit from shingles, can collect and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard companies have different warranties covering labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are often longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, usually 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will give a package price for complete gutter installation. Others charge individually for fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, maintenance services, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different levels of expertise based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what expertise you need.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Many top providers offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing:Gutter guard providers might have to maintain business licensing according to Massachusetts and Natick regulations. They should also have workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Reach out to your local government to learn more about what's required, and verify a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to judge a home services company is to read customer reviews. Look at the company's profile on Better Business Bureau, Google Reviews, Trustpilot, Yelp, and social media to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative reviews, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $413 and $3,561. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your roof, fascia, and foundation. Factors such as gutter home size, length and width, time of year, and accessibility impact the final quoted price.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Natick. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding per-foot rate.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Natick
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.