Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above providers offer a full suite of services beyond gutter guards. These often include gutter cleaning and repairs, covered by a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards require professional installation, others have easy DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services as part of their packages. Two high-quality gutter guard options include fine stainless steel mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Some gutter guard companies offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer "one-piece" systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which brand you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over the seasons, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different contractors, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutter systems besides their own products.
Most homeowners dislike gutter cleaning, but it's essential to do it regularly. Debris, such as shingle grit, pine needles, and leaves, can build up and cause more nagging issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer regular cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard providers, and may cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a defined time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want an entire gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will quote a single price for complete gutter installation. Others bill independently for gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, maintenance services, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies provide different services and have varying expertise. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Numerous high-quality companies offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Massachusetts may have to maintain business licenses, liability insurance, and workers comp coverage according to local regulations. Contact the Medford government to learn specifics, and ensure that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to assess a home services company is to read customer feedback. Look at the company's profile on Google Reviews, Yelp, social media, Trustpilot, and Better Business Bureau to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative ratings, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $413 to $3,561. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your foundation, roof, and fascia will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter time of year, home size, accessibility, and length and width impact the total pricing.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Medford. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the cost per foot by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Medford
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.