Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
You can employ a local furnace repair company for a number of services that help keep your furnace running efficiently. We outline some common offerings below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs not only restore your furnace's function, they also extend its lifespan and optimize energy efficiency. Your furnace repair provider can handle a number of issues, such as broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, and clogged air filters. Qualified HVAC technicians are also experienced in tackling problems like faulty ignitions, possible gas leaks, malfunctioning thermostats, and damaged heat exchangers. Furnace repair professionals can also provide routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and ensuring all components function properly.
HVAC providers can help you install a new furnace if yours is past repair. An expert can also help with upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Your HVAC technician can integrate your new system with existing thermostats and air ducts. They're trained to follow industry standards and safety protocols to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To be sure everything is running optimally, your technician will complete a final inspection after installation.
If you find that your furnace isn’t turning on, your furnace repair company will recommend a thorough inspection to identify possible causes. This process involves a technician examining each of the furnace's components. The inspection usually includes inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and testing the thermostat's accuracy. Your technician will verify the heating system's efficiency and safety, making necessary adjustments or repairs. Routine, annual furnace tune-ups ensure peak performance, help prevent possible breakdowns, and promote a safe living environment during cold winters.
If your furnace breaks down on a cold winter night, furnace repair companies may have emergency repair services to get your system up and running quickly. These services are available around the clock for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns outside regular business hours. When a furnace fails in extreme weather conditions, and you're unable to open windows for fresh air, it can lead to discomfort and serious health risks due to poor indoor air quality. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but it’s worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Medford Furnace Repair Service
There are multiple factors to consider when hiring a local Medford furnace repair company. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: We recommend comparing several Medford furnace repair providers to find the best service offerings and prices. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but be wary of companies that offer extremely low rates. These providers may make up the difference with subpar replacement parts or low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Guarantees and warranties provide peace of mind should issues arise post-repair. Trustworthy furnace repair providers should stand behind their work with guarantees or warranties for both workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: HVAC contractors in Massachusetts must obtain a refrigeration technician license from the Massachusetts Division of Occupational Licensure. Hiring a properly licensed and certified furnace repair provider is essential to ensure that your technician is qualified to handle furnace repairs effectively and safely.
- Qualifications: Check into the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. Ideally, you want technicians that are trained and experienced in working on various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training programs to verify that technicians are educated on the latest industry standards.
- Reputation and reviews: You can read online reviews and testimonials from previous customers to get a sense of a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also pay attention to how it addresses negative feedback. This can tell you a great deal about a provider's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Several factors influence the cost of furnace repair. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and price of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs $507 on average, though the prices can vary depending on the details. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $89–$444
- Cleaning: $53–$71
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,776–$3,108
- Damaged blower bearings: $27–$133
- Damaged blower belt: $27–$98
- Filter change: $36–$133
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Medford
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.